Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Banding Waves Part I

I was on Beads, Braids, & Beyond (as I usually am on the weekends) trying to get some kind of idea of how I'm going to style my daughter's hair when I came across this post. I really loved the outcome of it and decided to try it on my daughter. I, don't use the same products as Nikki, however, but my products are just as nice. I use Suave Almond & Shea Butter Shampoo, Just For Me! Soft & Beautiful 2-n-1 Conditioning Detangler and BB Pink Lotion Moisturizer.

$2.87


$2.50-3.00         
$2.50-3.00  
Since I just added the bands to her hair this morning, I doubt I would achieve the look featured on the post by tomorrow morning, but at least it'll be a bit stretched & wavy for school. Here are the steps I took to get the look in the picture.
  • I undid her hair (she had braids &  beads previously) and washed her hair with Suave Almond & Shea Butter Shampoo. You guys, this shampoo smells sooooo good and it's only $2.87!
  • After I washed it, I wrapped in a towel and soaked up a bit of the water. While still wet, I parted her hair in sections and sprayed Just For Me! Soft & Beautiful 2-n-1 Conditioning Detangler and detangled her hair using my fingers first, a wide tooth comb, and then a brush. This process took about an hour giving the thickness and length of her hair.
  • Next, I parted her hair in the middle and separated it into two sections where I took the bands & put 7 bands each on both ponytails.
Hopefully, her hair comes out how I would like it tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated before being posted!

Related Posts With Thumbnails