Saturday, October 23, 2010

BB Guest Blogger : Manda & Paris

Beautiful Biracial is glad to present to you our first guest blogger! Thanks in advance to Ms. Manda for sending in the form and sharing information with us about her and her daughter!

Tell us a little about yourself...
Originally from Canada moved down here 10 years ago to eventually meet and marry Paris' dad and become her mom :).

Are you experienced in haircare for children or a beginner?
Somewhat experienced.

Tell us about your daughter...
She is 5 years old will be 6 next month...she is very active loves other kids especially babies...and loves all the styles I put in her hair.

Can you provide a photo for us? (URL only)


Is she biracial? If so, what is she mixed with?
Yes she is 3/4 black and 1/4 white.

What is her personal style?
She LOVES purple so I try to get as much as I can in purple :).

How does she feel about her hair?
At first she wanted hair like my little sister(straight) then I taught her that is too plain and her hair is beautiful and there are MANY different things she can do with it :) I even told her I wish mine was liker hers because there isn't much you can do with mine. It can't even hold a curl.

What is her favorite hairstyle?
She loves her mohawks I do twisted mohawks because I am not a pro at cornrows yet :)
Here's one from 4th of July (red, white, and blue beads. And one I did last week like a Frohawk :)...



Do you share with her the importance of hair care?
Yes I stress to her that I have to keep it moisturized and up so it can continue to be healthy and happy.

What kind of products do you use on her hair?
I use a moisturizer every time when I style her hair...I co-wash at least once every week or 2 weeks depending on when it's needed..I love Argan oil on her hair helps a lot!

Have you ever used any chemicals in her hair?
NO! And I refuse to!

How did you learn to do hair and who was or is your inspiration?
I basically taught myself because I believe a lot of people were afraid to teach me because I was white...I got it very easily and LOVE doing it!

Are there any tips, tricks, or suggestions you'd like to share with other moms or guardians out there?
Just TAKE YOUR TIME....it's the best way and VERY little mishaps.

6 comments:

  1. she is so cute i love the styles.. but i am confused lol that she is only 1/4 white and 3/4 black but you said you yourself get a lot of comments because you are white?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @TaylorH she is technically my "step"daughter and I have been in her life since she was 2 and she will be 6 in a few weeks...but I am momma :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm Canadian too ;-) Love the mohawks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @MIXED-ROOTS awesome :) and thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oohhh, that's awesome!! oh and I am Canadian too. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. @TaylorH I have long stopped explaining everything and just tell ppl she's mine lol...and sweet :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated before being posted!

Related Posts With Thumbnails