Saturday, October 30, 2010

BB Guest Blogger : Becca & Kiairah

Beautiful Biracial is glad to present to you our second guest blogger! Thanks in advance to Ms. Becca for sending in the form and sharing information with us about her and her daughter!

Tell us a little about yourself...
I'm Becca single mama to 7 year old Kiairah AKA Lil' Bit!

Are you experienced in haircare for children or a beginner?
I wouldn't say I'm experienced, I feel like I still have a lot to learn!

Tell us about your daughter...
Kiairah is an avid dancer, she CLAIMS she is not a "girly girl" but I know better.

Can you provide a photo for us?

Is she biracial? If so, what is she mixed with?
She's half Jamaican & half caucasian

What is her personal style?
She loves to look "cool" she's into anything bright coloured & LOVES skulls.

How does she feel about her hair?
We have been working VERY VERY hard to get her to love her hair, for the most part she does, but occasionally she will say she'd rather have straight hair.

What is her favorite hairstyle?
Her back to school mohawk!
 Do you share with her the importance of hair care?
Of course! She helps me wash & condition her hair, she likes to try & twist her own hair too!

What kind of products do you use on her hair?
We use Herbal Essence Hello Hydration shampoo & conditioner and we use Bee Mine moisturizers!

Have you ever used any chemicals in her hair?
UNFORTUNATELY, I have put a texturizer in her hair... I had no idea what I was doing & a friends parent had me convinced that this was the best thing for her hair, DEF NOT!!

How did you learn to do hair and who was or is your inspiration?
Actually I taught myself to braid (thank you YouTube). I got tired of taking her to the salon & the ladies were either rude about it (saying they would only braid her hair if she didn't cry) OR goin to the salon & having her throw a fit because she didn't want anyone else to touch her hair!

Are there any tips, tricks, or suggestions you'd like to share with other moms or guardians out there?
Keep trying! My first braids were HORRIBLE, but I just kept at it & I've come such a long way now! Just remember to keep the hair moisturized!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated before being posted!

Related Posts With Thumbnails