Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Product Organizing

The other day I made a mental note to organize my daughter's hair products/accessories/etc and find somewhere to put them so they won't be all jumbled together! I'm still surprised that I haven't done this before being that I'm so big on organization. This post is focused on how you can organize your products (accessories/shampoos/moisturizers/brushes/combs), having everything in one space and in different compartments. Below are before and after photos and a list of suggestions, dos, and don'ts!

Earlier and the middle part of this year, I was back and forth living between here (Georgia) and Florida that I really didn't have time to organize anything! I just used to throw all her hair accessories, combs, and brushes in one container, her products and whatever else in a plastic bag and go on my merry way. Back then, I thought I was doing myself a big favor by at least keeping everything together, but I was sadly mistaken! You see, when you throw everything in one container and it moves around a lot it can create a headache..don't believe me? Look...

Hairbows, non-metal bands, hair barrettes and whatever else are all tangled together. You can either do one of three things, detangle that mess, leave it like it is, or THROW IT AWAY! I, myself, am a very impatient person, so detangling was out of the question. I figured I'd just throw it away and buy new ones, no biggie. Although these products are inexpensive, going through this every other month, it will eventually add up. You really don't want to see your money go to waste...literally!

Well, today, I finally decided to do something about it! I went to Wal-Mart and picked up an extra plastic storage container and a shower caddy. I already had a 3 Set Plastic Container at home that was just around for decoration that I figured I would put to use!

Shower Caddy: $2.00 3 Set Storage Bin: $10 Plastic Storage Bin: $2.47
The two separate plastic storage containers, I put barrettes and ouchless bands in one and her hairbows in the other! Being that I won't be moving around as much with these, I figured they won't get in a tangled mess. If this method doesn't work, then be on the lookout for another post, lol. The reason for the separation of barrettes, there are all kinds of colors, shapes of barrettes that they get lost in the melee of the hairbows and by the time I try to find what I'm looking for, I'm frustrated! Hopefully, this will keep my frustration level at a one.


In the 3 set plastic storage bin, in the first drawer, I put in my hair dryer, combs and brushes! Everytime I'm in dire need of a brush, I can never find it, here, it shouldn't grow legs and hop out of the bin! The second container contains all of her hair products such as shampoos, moisturizers, detangler spray, etc. Although I would prefer if they stood upright, I'm glad that they're in a separate drawer by themselves. In the last container, I put all of her flower hair accessories, headbands, beads, and rubberband packs.

If you use beads, then you all know that beads are small and can be lost very easily or drop and hard to find and if you leave them in the box they came in, hard to contain. The idea to put them in a plastic ziplock bag seemed GENIOUS to me. My sister gave me the idea, because I personally kept putting them in the box they came in or the plastic storage container and I was always losing them. I really like this idea though.


The shower caddy wasn't initially apart of my storage organizing idea, but when I went to Wal-mart today, I saw it was on sale for $2 and I just had to have it! As I was about to checkout, I thought maybe I don't need this and I just want it because it's so cheap, but then I thought, maybe I can use this! Usually, when I'm about to do my daughter's hair, I have a bunch of products spread across the couch (even if I don't use them) and sometimes end of up making a few trips because I forgot something or making a mess. With the shower caddy, I can get all I need, safely store it in one of the compartments, and don't have to worry about extra trips or a mess! I haven't even tried it out yet, but I'm loving the idea of it already!

SUGGESTIONS, DOS, & DONTS
  • Store 'like products' together.
  • Try putting various things in separate containers. You really do want to avoid a mess!
  • If hairbows, barrettes, etc isn't open, I suggest not opening them unless you are about to use them. It cut downs on the chances of it getting tangled or lost.
  • Keep bottle tops/lids tightly shut and out of reach of children...but I'm sure you know that.

3 comments:

  1. lol I JUST went out yesterday & bought storage stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm surprised I hadn't done this though lol...I'm an organization FREAK! I feel so much better though lol. Comment here after youre done organization so we can get your thoughts lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol... I have the exact same shower caddy except in red. I use it for my hair products combs, and spritz bottle.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated before being posted!

Related Posts With Thumbnails