Saturday, November 6, 2010

Beads, Braids, & Bun 2

This is my daughter's newest hairstyle! Beads, braids, and a bun!!!. I did an almost similar hairstyle before (click here), but this time I decided to do things a little differently and have her whole head braided. This hairstyle took a whopping total of 5 1/2 hours to do! Don't forget, we do have to consider the length of her hair. We went to the hairstore earlier yesterday and she picked out these different shades of purple beads! One thousands beads for $3.49! Not bad, right?

I used water, BB Oil Moisturizer (for shine), Kids Organic Gro Strong Triple Action Stimulating Therapy (to reduce frizziness), Herbal Essences Hello Hydration conditioner (for softness), and Soft & Beautiful Just For Me! 2-in-1 Conditioning Detangler (to help detangle, of course). As always, I pour BB Oil Moisturizer and HEHH Conditioner on a napkin and mix it together.

STEP ONE: I parted the back from ear to ear. I detangled it and combed through it! Don't mind that spare braid, I had another hairstyle in mind before I got to the end results.

STEP TWO: I parted three rows and individually braided her hair in strands. I then applied the multicolored purple beads, putting 15 on each braid strand. The end result of that looked like this!

STEP THREE: I made a small part at the top of her head and a short part at the back of her head so I can have a start and stopping point. This was my first time doing this, so I wasn't really sure how people braid in a ponytail. For extra measure, I braided a strand down and put beads on end. I call it My Alicia Keys Braid. LOL.

STEP FOUR: I braided the other side from the part at the top to the part to the back around her head. After I was done braiding, I took an ouchless band and wrapped her hair in a ponytail so I could apply the bun.

STEP FIVE: Applying the bun. I pulled her hair through the hole of the sock bun and evenly spread her hair out over the sock. Next, I wrapped the hair under the sock bun in a circle, twisted the loose end, and continued to wrap it in a circular motion and then secured it with a bobby pin and another ouchless band. THE END!!

Even though it was almost 1130pm when I got finished with Princess's hair, she still looked like she was ready to step out into the night and shut everything down!!


1 comment:

Comments are moderated before being posted!

Related Posts With Thumbnails