Saturday, October 16, 2010

Half Cornrows & Three Strand Twists (Back)

This hairstyle, Half Cornrows & Three Strand Twists (Back), was heavily inspired by Beads, Braids, & Beyond. Monday morning, I'll be taking out the three strand twists so they can hang, so for the weekend, it's like this! I've always wanted to try this hairstyle because Ms. Nikki styled it so beautifully in her daughter's hair!

HOW I ACHIEVED THIS LOOK
  1. First I parted her hair from ear to ear to separate the part that I was going to braid from the part that I was going to twist.
  2. I started off by using the end of a rat tail comb to part her hair and doing the individual three strand twists. By the time I got half way done, I stopped using the comb and started parting with my fingers (lazy, lol).
  3. Since I had not washed her hair before starting this hairstyle, with each twist, I sprayed Just For Me! Soft & Beautiful  2-n-1 Conditioning Detangler and applied a small amount of Kids Organic Gro Strong Triple Action to give it shine and reduce frizziness.
  4. After three strand twisting her hair, I began cornrowing the top. I braided each braid half way down and three strand twisted the rest.
  5. To keep three strand twists from unraveling, I braided the ends on each strand!
  6. When finished, I sprayed Luster's Pink Sheen Spray to give it a little more shine!

KIDS ORGANIC GRO STRONG TRIPLE ACTION - $3.99
LUSTER'S PINK SHEEN SPRAY -  $3.00


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated before being posted!

Related Posts With Thumbnails