Thursday, October 21, 2010

Tricks, Tips, and Treats (POST-HALLOWEEN!)

Sooo Halloween is approaching in ten days and I have no idea what my daughter is going to be and how I am going to do her hair. I figure when I get the costume, maybe I can work around that like I did last year. Last year, she wanted to be a Disney Princess, Cinderella to be exact and who am I to not make that happen for her?

She wanted Cinderella shoes, Cinderella's ball gown, Cinderella's jewelry (crown), and on top of that, Cinderella's HAIRSTYLE! Back then, I wasn't as 'interested' in fixing her hair up like I am now and being that I had no direction, I didn't wanna do anything to mess her hair up so I took her to the salon. Here's photos of the process it took for me to get her hair straightened.


Next, I took her home and tried to mimic Cinderella's hairstyle as much as possible, yet try to keep it childlike and simple. I mean, really, who wants their child wearing grown up hairstyles? I don't! I decided to do the bun, but also have some of her hair hanging down in the back and style it in candy curls. I also left a piece of hair down in the front to curl it as well. I really had to work around that dagnamit crown! She wanted to go take pictures, so I let her put on her costume early to do so!


Later, we went Trick-Or-Treating and she had a blast. Everyone was complimenting her on her outfit and style. People even went far as to say she was the BEST looking Cinderella they've seen that day. That made me smile because..you know...I don't like to brag, but uhm...*takes bow*. I truly felt like all the stressing I did that day paid off.


In ten days, I'll be going through this yet again, but you know what, to see the smile on your child's face makes all of it worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated before being posted!

Related Posts With Thumbnails